Are you interested in event planning? Volunteer recruitment? Maybe a little fundraising? We can use your help! Even if you’re not able to host students, if you have a passion for international culture, connecting with students and being an ambassador for our community, you should join our team. Contact us at email@example.com for more info.
We meet over the lunch hour once a month. Some projects that you might be part of:
- Annual Welcome Picnic planning: Nearly 400 students, host families and friends get together before the school term starts for food, friends and fellowship. A game or two of tug-o-war, a delicious potluck and a chance to get to know many of the talented students who will be part of our community.
- Volunteer Recruitment: We’re always looking for new host families, conversation and international friends. If you’re outgoing and enjoy talking to people, you’d be perfect!
- Newsletter: We produce a monthly e-newsletter and an annual report. We are always looking for folks to contribute news items and articles, collect stories and testimonials, or help with editing and design.
- Community Presentations: Comfortable in front of a group? Take the FFIS show out on the road and tell folks about the work that we do. Rotary, Kiwanis and Lions clubs are always looking for speakers from the community.
- Web site updates: Keeping the web site up-to-date takes a teeny bit of savvy (that’s not sarcastic; we use a very user-friendly web system) and a bit of attention to detail, but is a huge help to get the word out about what we do.